These are books that I found valuable and have written about. These are not really reviews, but enough to perhaps catch your interest. They also include links to reviews.
- A must-read book for any American interested in geopolitics: Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner.
- The Constitution: wonderful, if we can keep it: If We Can Keep It by Chet Richards.
- Valuable new insights about the culture of war… a preview — The Culture of War by Martin Van Creveld (a preview)
- A must-read book for any American interested in geopolitics: Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner
- A history book to help us better understand our rapidly changing world — The Culture of War by Martin Van Creveld
- Diagnosing the Eagle, Chapter II — book recommendations for 2008 — Three great books, each telling much about 21st America.
- Diagnosing the Eagle, Chapter III — reclaiming the Constitution — about Closing of the American Mind by Allan Bloom.
- Diagnosing the eagle, chapter IV – Alienation — about The Culture of Narcissism by Christopher Lasch.
- Lest we forget, “Black Hawk Down”
- Least we forget: lessons for us from the Battle of Ia Drang — about We Were Soldiers Once… and Young.
- The Changing Face of War: Lessons of Combat, From the Marne to Iraq, by Martin van Creveld — one of the major books about 4GW.
- New Books, with insights about our changing world
- Gift ideas – Books to get or give
- My movie recommendation for 2010: Vitual JFK (the book is also great)
- “Generals read Ender’s Game” and see their vision of the future Marine Corps,
- The little-known dark side of Ender’s Game
- America’s Defense Meltdown
- The Pentagon Labyrinth: 10 Short Essays to Help You Through It
- Why Americans should love Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings – we live there
- Martin van Creveld explains the essence of Airpower Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- Bing West tells us about Grit, Strategy and the Way Out of Afghanistan
- A Recipe for Change – a review of “Warfighting and Disruptive Technologies: Disguising Innovation”
- “What Goes Around Comes Around”, a review by Thomas X. Hammes of Counterinsurgency Warfare: Theory and Practice by David Galula (1964)
- The Last Valley – Dien Bien Phu, the battle the doomed the French Empire and led American into Vietnam (2004), 3 March 2012
- Invasion 1940: Did the Battle of Britain Alone Stop Hitler? (2005), 4 March 2012
- Bleak news, but vital for us to understand: American Morlocks: Another Civilian Massacre and the Savagery of Our Soldiers — by Nima Shirazi, 17 March 2012
- “COIN of the Realm” – reviewing one of the books driving our strategy in the Long War, 18 March 2012
- The Robot Revolution arrives, and the world changes, 18 April 2012 — About Race Against the Marchine by Brynjolfsson and Mcafee
- Does exporting democracy fan the flames of hatred around the world? — review of World on Fire: How Exporting Free-Market Democracy Breeds Ethnic Hatred and Global Instability by Amy Chua, 19 May 2012
- Rome speaks to us. Their example can inspire us to avoid their fate. — review of Caligula: A Biography by Aloys Winterlingj, 22 May 2012
- Looking back at how our folly and ignorance fanned the flames in Iraq — review of COBRA II: The Inside Story of the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq by Michael R. Cordon and Bernard E. Trainor, 3 June 2012
- The Rough Math of Surrogate Warfare, today as it was in 1805 — review of The Pirate Coast: Thomas Jefferson, the First Marines, and the Secret Mission of 1805 by Richard Zacks, 10 June 2012
- Whatever You Do, Don’t Read This Book!, 24 August 2012 — Review of The Party Is Over: How Republicans Went Crazy, Democrats became useless, and the Middle Class Got Shafted
Here is a list of information sources and books I have found useful: You might find these info sources useful — I do!
Articles about the works of Thomas Barnett
Here are archives of online articles by some major writers about 4GW: