Women and gender issues
Posts about various issues concerning women.
- Oppression of women around the world, and what America can do about it
- Women soldiers
- Women on top of men in society
- The Mancession
- Rape in prison, a feature of American justice
- The rape charges against Julian Assange of Wikileaks
(1) Oppression of women around the world, and what America can do about it
- Bernard Finel shows how to end the Af-Pak in days. Now. Guaranteed., 6 November 2009
- About honor killings, crimes of the community, 11 November 2009
- We destroy a secular regime in Afghanistan (& its women’s rights), then we wage war on the new regime to restore women’s rights. Welcome to the American Empire., 12 November 2009
- Today’s propaganda: we must fight in Afghanistan to help its women, 10 August 2010
- About our sudden concern for Afghanistan’s women (& the desperate search for a reason to fight), 12 August 2010
- A non-violent crusade giving rights to the world’s women!, 14 August 2010
- Subjugation of women anywhere threatens US national security!, 16 August 2010
- Justice for slavers (esp sex traffickers): hang them high!, 20 August 2010
(2) Women soldiers
- The Real Revolution in Military Affairs (it’s not what you think), 14 November 2005
- 28 Articles: a guide to a successful insurgency against America, 7 May 2007 — About harassment and rape of women soldiers.
- Women as soldiers – an update, 25 August 2009
(3) Women on top of men in society
- Women dominating the ranks of college graduates – What’s the effect on America?, 7 July 2009
- A better answer to “why women outperform men in college?”, 8 July 2009
- Update: women on top of men, 27 October 2009
- Yes, it is a “mancession”, with men losing more jobs than women. Just like all recessions., 5 October 2009
- Update on the “mancession”, 2 December 2009
(5) Rape in prison, a feature of American justice
These articles have all been mentioned on the FM website:
- Report of the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission, June 2009 — The Commission was established by the 2003 Prison Rape Elimination Act.
- Can Our Shameful Prisons Be Reformed?, David Cole, New York Review of Books, 19 November 2009
- “Sexual Victimization in Juvenile Facilities Reported by Youth, 2008-09“, Allen J. Beck, Paul Guerino and Paige M. Harrison, Dept of Justice, 7 January 2010
- News story about the above report: “The Crisis of Juvenile Prison Rape: A New Report“, David Kaiser and Lovisa Stannow, blog of the NY Review of Books, 7 January 2010
- “Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, 2008-09“, US Department of Justice, August 2010
- About the above report: “Prison Rape: Eric Holder’s Unfinished Business“, David Kaiser and Lovisa Stannow, blog of the New York Review of Books, 26 August 2010
(6) The rape charges against Julian Assange of Wikileaks
- Sad news about the CIA – Underestimating the skill of the government at covert ops?
- The full story of the rape charges against Julian Assange of Wikileaks, a possible covert op.
- Update to the Wikeleaks rape story, and why it’s important – If a covert op, it’s working.
- New and strange developments in the prosecution of Julian Assange (Wikileaks) – New but not more enlightening.