Women and gender issues
Posts about various issues concerning women.
- Posts about the TV series “Castle”
- Oppression of women around the world, and what America can do about it
- Women soldiers
- Women on top of men in society
- The Mancession
(1) Posts about the TV series “Castle”
- Spoilers for “Castle”: explaining the finale & season 7. It’s a metaphor for America.
- The TV show “Castle” challenges us to see our changing values. Most fans decline, horrified.
- “Castle” shows us marriage in America, a fault line between our past & future
- “Castle” shows us a dark vision of Romance in America
- “Castle” helps us adjust to a new America, with women on top
- Beckett shows our future. She chooses wisely & marries Castle, but dreams at night of her alpha ex-boyfriend.
(2) Oppression of women around the world, and what America can do about it
- “The Return of Patriarchy“ – a classic article about demography, 5 June 2008
- Bernard Finel shows how to end the Af-Pak in days. Now. Guaranteed., 6 November 2009
- About honor killings, crimes of the community, 11 November 2009
- We destroy a secular regime in Afghanistan (& its women’s rights), then we wage war on the new regime to restore women’s rights. Welcome to the American Empire., 12 November 2009
- Today’s propaganda: we must fight in Afghanistan to help its women, 10 August 2010
- About our sudden concern for Afghanistan’s women (& the desperate search for a reason to fight), 12 August 2010
- A non-violent crusade giving rights to the world’s women!, 14 August 2010
- Subjugation of women anywhere threatens US national security!, 16 August 2010
- Justice for slavers (esp sex traffickers): hang them high!, 20 August 2010
(3) Women soldiers
- The Real Revolution in Military Affairs (it’s not what you think), 14 November 2005
- 28 Articles: a guide to a successful insurgency against America, 7 May 2007 — About harassment and rape of women soldiers.
- Women as soldiers – an update, 25 August 2009
- Putting women in combat: a quick look at the other side of the debate, 24 January 2013
- About the future of an American army with women as combat soldiers, 29 January 2013
(4) Women on top of men in society
- Women dominating the ranks of college graduates – What’s the effect on America?, 7 July 2009
- A better answer to “why women outperform men in college?”, 8 July 2009
- Update: women on top of men, 27 October 2009
- Yes, it is a “mancession”, with men losing more jobs than women. Just like all recessions., 5 October 2009
- Update on the “mancession”, 2 December 2009
(a) Articles about prison rape (all been mentioned on the FM website):
- Report of the National Prison Rape Elimination Commission, June 2009 — The Commission was established by the 2003 Prison Rape Elimination Act.
- Can Our Shameful Prisons Be Reformed?, David Cole, New York Review of Books, 19 November 2009
- “Sexual Victimization in Juvenile Facilities Reported by Youth, 2008-09“, Allen J. Beck, Paul Guerino and Paige M. Harrison, Dept of Justice, 7 January 2010
- News story about the above report: “The Crisis of Juvenile Prison Rape: A New Report“, David Kaiser and Lovisa Stannow, blog of the NY Review of Books, 7 January 2010
- “Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, 2008-09“, US Department of Justice, August 2010
- About the above report: “Prison Rape: Eric Holder’s Unfinished Business“, David Kaiser and Lovisa Stannow, blog of the New York Review of Books, 26 August 2010
(b) Posts about rape:
- Being a third world nation is a state of mind, as we will learn (about prison rape), 19 March 2011
- The shame of Alaska: vast wealth, but little spent to protect its people, 15 September 2014 — Especially rape of its indigenous people
(c) Posts about the rape charges against Julian Assange of Wikileaks
- Sad news about the CIA – Underestimating the skill of the government at covert ops?
- The full story of the rape charges against Julian Assange of Wikileaks, a possible covert op.
- Update to the Wikeleaks rape story, and why it’s important – If a covert op, it’s working.
- New and strange developments in the prosecution of Julian Assange (Wikileaks) – New but not more enlightening.