Summary: the official FM website’s view of President Obama. Just opinion, with little supporting evidence. You too can opine in the comments. Let the vituperation (on both parties) flow!
One pleasure of living in modern America is watching the media construct fictious images of our political leaders.
- Kennedy, the athlete and family man. In fact he was the opposite.
- The clumsy Ford. In fact he was one of the most athletic of American presidents.
- The brilliant Carter, elected as a cardboard cutout for the Bicentenial (which we forgot to send back to Plains on 31 December 1976).
- The stupid Dan Quayle, who was nothing of the sort — as seen throughout his career, from his support of the Patriot to the Murphy Brown speech.
- And now we have the Messiah … Obama.
Skillful media work gave him the Presidency. Now the American people slowly learn the truth (all of which were obvious before the election).
(1) He has little experience with the political arts (other than campaigning), as evident with his bumbling handling of the health care initiative and war policies.
(2) He’s weak. The Generals accurately sized him up months ago, and successfully rolled him on Afghanistan. As with President Carter, others — friends and enemies — will soon see this and act accordingly.
(3) He has fine but not extraordinary rhetorical skills. Mostly tricks, which will become boring soon — and after that the subject of mockery.
(4) The right-wing has convinced their moronic followers that Obama is a leftist radical, even a nihilist. In fact he owes his rapid rise to faithful service supporting the established order. As seen …
- with health care, in which his first step was to guarantee the profits of the insurance and drug industries
- with foreign policy, which continues the key aspects of Bush’s policies.
- with economic policy, which continues the key aspects of Bush’s policies.
It will be a long four years. He’s set ticking two timebombs, one or both of which might destroy the Democratic Party’s Senate majority in the 2010 elections — reducing to almost nil Obama’s ability to enact the significant reforms desperately needed by America.
- Our Middle-East wars — Our generals having done for Obama what LBJ’s generals did for him. Long pointless and expensive wars.
- Bailing our the banks but not the broader economy — high unemployment is almost certain electoral defeat in America.
For more information from the FM site
To read other articles about these things, see the following:
- About Obama, his administration and policies
- Politics of the FM site: radical leftist reformer or right-wing iconoclast?
Reference pages about other topics appear on the right side menu bar, including About the FM website page.
Other notes from the past on the FM site:
- Is Obama running for the office of Chief Shaman?, 6 June 2008 — Weirdness from our next President.
- Does America need a charismatic President?, 15 July 2008
- More about charisma, by Don Vandergriff…(#2 in the “getting ready for Obama” series), 16 July 2008 — About charisma: know it before you buy it!
- Obama might be the shaman that America needs, 17 July 2008 — At what point does criticism of Obama’s charisma and rhetoric become criticism of leadership itself — and blind faith in technocratic solutions so loved by policy nerds?
- Obama describes the first step to America’s renewal, 8 August 2008 — Obama’s statement about America may be the simple truth; this may be why so many find it disturbing.
- America gets ready for new leadership (or is it back to the future?), 14 November 2008
- About Obama’s coronation – wisdom from Fred, 23 January 2009
- What past President does Obama most closely resemble?, 31 May 2009
- Obama knows how to lead America by exploiting our fears, 5 June 2009
- Obama is just like Jack Kennedy!, 13 October 2009
Please share your comments by posting below. Per the FM site’s Comment Policy, please make them brief (250 word max), civil and relevant to this post. Or email me at fabmaximus at hotmail dot com (note the spam-protected spelling).