Posts about one of the great events of our time.
- Forecasting the crisis in Europe.
- Posts about Greece.
- Reporting Europe’s slow march to the cliff.
- Other articles about Europe’s march to unification.
(1) Forecasting the crisis in Europe
- The post-WWII geopolitical regime is dying. Chapter One , 21 November 2007 — Why the current geopolitical order is unstable, describing the policy choices that brought us here.
- Can the European Monetary Union survive the next recession?, 11 July 2008
- Every day the new world emerges, yet we see it not. Like today, as Europe begs China for loans, 15 September 2011
(2) Posts about Greece
- A great speech by the PM of Greece. How soon until an American President says similar words?, 3 March 2010
- The EU does Kabuki for Greece. Is it the next domino to fall?, 14 April 2010
- Important: Former Central Bank Head Karl Otto Pöhl says bailout plan is all about ‘rescuing banks and rich Greeks’, 20 May 2010
- Hot news! The Wehrmacht failed to take Greece. Now Germany tries again, with a different method., 28 January 2012
- Europe has chosen a harsh future. All the paths for Greece lead into darkness., 24 February 2012
- A note from Athens: Feeling on the ground has palpably changed, 1 March 2012 — A clear sign that the Greek people are ready for change
- What’s happening in Greece? News from the front lines of Europe!, 22 September 2012
(3) Europe’s slow march to the cliff
- The periphery of Europe – a flashpoint to the global economy, 8 February 2010
- Governments cannot go bankrupt, 2 April 2010 — But they can default.
- About the Euro crisis: the experts are wrong; the German people are right., 7 May 2010
- The Fate of Europe, nearing the point of decision, 13 September 2011
- Europe drifts towards the brink of a cataclysm, 26 September 2011
- Delusions about easy fixes for Europe, dreaming during the calm before the storm, 30 September 2011
- Is Europe primed for chaos, as it was in July 1914?, 7 October 2011
- Today Europe’s leaders took another step towards the edge of the cliff, 27 October 2011
- Where to from here, Europe? Some experts share their views., 8 November 2011
- Status report on Europe’s slow re-birth (first, the current system must die), 10 November 2011
- Looking ahead to see the new shape of Europe, 22 November 2011
- Europe passes the last exit. A great crisis lies ahead., 21 February 2012
- The Fate of Europe has become visible. Only how and when the break comes remains uncertain., 6 June 2012
- Europe has a political crisis. The economics are just symptoms., 11 July 2012
- The hidden goal of Europe’s leaders. See it and then their actions make sense., 27 July 2012
- Last week they spoke comforting words, but I saw only the frightening aspects of the euro-crisis, 30 July 2012
- Spain’s’ only three options for recovery, 17 November 2012
(4) Other articles about Europe’s march to unification
- “France’s Broken Dream“, Martin Feldstein (Prof Economics, Harvard), Project Syndicate, 26 May 2012
- The End Of The Euro: A Survivor’s Guide“, Peter Boone and Simon Johnson, The Baseline Scenario, 28 May 2012
- “The Euro: an alternative moral tale“, Simon Wren-Lewis (Prof Economics, Oxford), 1 June 2012
- Important: Remarks by George Soros at the Festival of Economics, Trento Italy, 2 June 2012 — Deserves attention, as he has proven to understand currency unions better than almost everybody.