Will China collapse?
Here are more predictions of bust or even doom for China. I doubt any of this is founded on adequate information or analysis, so these are just WAGs. But interesting.
- “The Coming Collapse of The Chinese Economy“, Professor Ching-hsi Chang, The Epoch Times, 25 August 2005
- “China has become a giant ponzi scheme“, Andy Xie, posted at an unknown Chinese website, 3 August 2009
- “The Return of Thomas Mun“, Martin Hutchinson, posted at The Prudent Bear 27 July 2009 (well worth reading!)
- “The Coming China Meltdown“, Martin Hutchinson, posted at The Prudent Bear, 4 August 2009
- The Coming Collapse of China, Gordon G. Chang (2001) – Also: an interview at RealClearWorld.
About Martin Hutchinson
Martin Hutchinson is the author of “Great Conservatives” (Academica Press, 2005). Details can be found on the Web site Great Conservatives. He was formerly Business and Economics Editor at United Press International.
About Andy Xie
Formerly an economist with Morgan Stanley Analyst. He became famous for his bold email, for which MS fired him. See this Asia Sentinel article for the text. See his Wikipedia entry for more about his background.
Other posts about China
- Power shifts from West to East: the end of the post-WWII regime in the news, 20 December 2007
- What you probably do not know about China’s food crisis, 21 April 2008
- China becomes a super-power (geopolitical analysis need not be war-mongering), 9 July 2008
- Words to fear in the 21st century: Lǎo hǔ, lǎo hǔ, Lǎo hǔ, 14 July 2008
- A different perspective on the US and China, seen by an American living in Russia, 23 March 2009
- China – the mysterious other pole of the world economy, 22 July 2009
- Another big step for China on its road to becoming a great power, 27 July 2009