Question time on the FM website, espisode 3
Ask any question about geopolitics, broadly defined. We’ll attempt to answer it. Links to other episodes appear below.
Like Jeporady, your comments must be in the form of a question!
Questions received so far:
- Why do you say Americans (and especially conservatives have become gullible?
- Will African nations see a manufacturing boom like their Asian counterparts someday?
- Has post-Soviet NATO failed or was it simply supplanted by the Neoliberal belief that free markets would fix everything without any structured Western guidance?
- Do you forsee an decrease in unemployment anytime soon and will Obamas new stimilus job program have any worthwhile affect on the numbers?
- Unrelated comment.
- Some questions about the war on drugs.
- Are Irving Fisher’s “debt-deflation” and Richard Koo’s “balance sheet recession” the same thing? Are they both consistent with observation that we are in a liquidity trap? Can providing sufficient liquidity jolt us from a liquidity trap?
- Do you think Brazil, Russia, and India will become great powers like the Western European nations or more or less powerful?
- Can Earth become like Venus, as we add CO2 to the atmosphere?
- Allowing openly gay people in the armed forces has arroused massive, even frantic opposition among active duty and retired military personnel. Was there an opportunity to avoid all this?
- Does China have a grip on the production of rare earth minerals, vital for high tech devices?
- Was it wrong or inappropriate of Treasury Geithner to offer advice to Europe, given the seriousness of our own problems?
Earlier episodes were big successes. My thanks to all who participated!