It’s really very simple — we’ve become deranged sheep. Look into the mirror, see ourselves through the eyes of Fred Reed: Mowing the Sward of Damocles, 14 June 2009.
There is not much more to be said beyond what Fred says. For details, below the fold you will see links to the FM posts about the OODA loop and how to reform America. These are just details, what to do next once you have experienced the key enlightenment about our situation.
Please share your comments by posting below. Per the FM site’s Comment Policy, please make them brief (250 words max), civil, and relevant to this post. Or email me at fabmaximus at hotmail dot com (note the spam-protected spelling).
For information about this site see the About page, at the top of the right-side menu bar.
For more information from the FM site
To read other articles about these things, see the FM reference page on the right side menu bar. Of esp interest are:
Posts about America’s broken OODA loop:
- News from the Front: America’s military has mastered 4GW!, 2 September 2007
- The two tracks of discussion about the Iraq War, never intersecting, 10 November 2007
- Diagnosing the eagle, chapter I — the housing bust, 6 December 2007
- Another cycle down the Defense Death Spiral, 30 January 2008
- Quote of the day: this is America’s geopolitical strategy in action, 26 February 2008
- What do blogs do for America?, 26 February 2008
- Everything written about the economic crisis overlooks its true nature, 24 February 2009
- The housing crisis allows America to look in the mirror. What do we see?, 9 March 2009
- Globalization and free trade – wonders of a past era, now enemies of America, 16 March 2009
- A note on the green religion, one of the growth industries in America, 17 March 2009
- Poor peak oil research, more evidence of a serious problem with America’s vision, 5 May 2009
- We’re ignorant about the world because we rely on our media for information, 3 June 2009
- Obama knows how to lead America by exploiting our fears, 5 June 2009
- Does America have clear vision? Here’s an “eye chart” for our minds., 15 June 2009