Here is a series by Nathan Lewis at The Huffington Post, explaining the hidden workings of our finanical system, using Goldman Sachs as the lens. I recommend reading them.
- Do We Need Goldman Sachs?
- The GS-Files 2: Stuffing the Taxpayer
- The GS-Files 3: Heads We Win, Tails You Lose
- The GS-Files 4: Always a Winner
About the author
Lewis was Chief International Economist and later Global Strategist for firms providing investment research to institutions. He previously worked in financial journalism in Toyko. Today, he is a fund manager.
His writing has been published in the Financial Times, Asian Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Japan Times, Daily Yomiuri, Nikkei Business, Pravda, and other publications. Nathan Lewis has also written for academic publications, and has appeared on television in Asia and the Middle East.
An original thinker — often quite radical — he writes at his website New World Economics.
Other articles by Nathan Lewis
- “Will Japan’s Leaders Finally Get It Right?”, Wall Street Journal, 15 March 2001
- “The root cause of Japanese bad debt”, Financial Times, 14 October 2002
- “Where’s The Gold?”, The Huffington Post, 26 June 2009
For information about this site see the About page, at the top of the right-side menu bar.
Please share your comments by posting below. Per the FM site’s Comment Policy, please make them brief (250 word max), civil and relevant to this post. Or email me at fabmaximus at hotmail dot com (note the spam-protected spelling).
Important: please state the author and site of links you post in the comments, so that people see the source of your information without having to click through.
For more information from the FM site
To read other articles about these things, see the FM reference page on the right side menu bar. Of esp interest these days:
- About Financial crisis – what’s happening? how will this end?
- About America – how can we reform it?
- Good news about America, a collection of articles!
Posts about Goldman Sachs, the exemplar of our financial system:
- Obama makes his first major policy error, 27 February 2009
- Please read this. For the sake of yourself, your children, and their children, 25 June 2009
- About Goldman Sachs, the exemplar of our financial system, 21 July 2009
- More about “Government Sachs” (they own America; we just live here), 31 July 2009
Posts about theft pretending to be solutions
- Slowly a few voices are raised about the pending theft of taxpayer money, 21 September 2008
- The Paulson Plan will buy assets cheap, just as all good cons offer easy money to the marks, 30 September 2008
- A reminder – the TARP program is just theft, 24 November 2008
- A solution to our financial problems: steal wealth from other nations, 2 February 2009
- Stand by for action – more theft of our money being planned in Washington, 4 February 2009
- Update: yes, the Paulson Plan was just theft, 14 February 2009
- Now is the time for America to get angry, 24 March 2009
- America on its way from superpower to banana republic, 28 March 2009
- Bush’s bailout plan is now Obama’s. His quiet eloquence guides the sheep into the pen, 30 March 2009
- “The Greatest Swindle Ever Sold”, by Andy Kroll in The Nation, 28 May 2009