These are all articles about which I wanted to write, but will never find the time. I recommend them for your reading pleasure.
- “DDT, Eggshells, and Me“, Ronald Bailey, Reason Magazine, 7 January 2004 — “Cracking open the facts on birds and banned pesticides.” A balanced look at a chemical widely considered evil by some, harmless by others.
- “WHO gives indoor use of DDT a clean bill of health for controlling malaria“, World Health Organization, 15 September 2006 — Another balanced look at a complex issue.
- “Will the United States Survive Until 2022?“, John Derbyshire, New English Review, January 2007
- “Fighting Identity: Why We Are Losing Our Wars“, Michael Vlahos, Military Review, November/December 2007 — “Our enemies understand that “it is in the living of war’s mythic passage that identity will be truly realized.” We, for our part, blunder blindly on, fitting ourselves to their Manichean narrative.”
- “The state despotic“, Mark Steyn, The New Criterion, June 2009 — “On our gradual slide into servitude.” An open version was published in the Wall Street Journal on 1 July 2009.
Please share your comments by posting below. Per the FM site’s Comment Policy, please make them brief (250 word max), civil and relevant to this post. Or email me at fabmaximus at hotmail dot com (note the spam-protected spelling).