Summary: How many internet websites would go dark should Americans become descriminating consumers of information, if silly rumors no longer attracted large audiences? Fortunately for them, that’s not likely to happen soon.
The rumors of a massive gathering of US naval forces were hyped on dozens of websites. Such as Zero Hedge: Awesome hyping of routine carrier movements: Showdown: U.S. Sends Warships to Confront Iran, Parsing Recent Carrier Strike Group Movements, USS Carrier Harry Truman Now Officially Just Off Iran, As Israel Allegedly Plotting An Imminent Tehran Raid, US Begins Massive Military Build Up Around Iran, Sending Up To 4 New Carrier Groups In Region, 12 American Warships, Including One Aircraft Carrier, And One Israeli Corvette, Cross Suez Canal On Way To Red Sea And Beyond, and Is The US Preparing For “The Total Destruction Of Iran?
Speculation grew fever-hot when the carrier Harry Truman joined the Dwight Eisenhower off Iran. For nothing, just a routine replacement of one carrier replacing another on station. Now the Eisenhower has sailed away.
The Iranian leaders probably don’t even pop open bottles of sparkling cider, after going through this so many times.
Posts on the FM site about Iran
A snippet of the decade-long history of America barking of Iran.
- 4GW at work in a community near you , 19 October 2007 — Propaganda warming us up for war with Iran.
- Cable Cut Fever grips the conspiracy-hungry fringes of the web , 7 February 2008
- Resolution of the Great Submarine Cable Crisis – and some lessons learned , 8 February 2008
- Will we bomb Iran, now that Admiral Fallon is gone? , 17 March 2008
- More post-Fallon overheating: “6 signs the US may be headed for war in Iran” , 18 March 2008
- A militant America, ready for war with Iran , 6 May 2008
- Another step towards war with Iran?, 7 May 2008 — About Andrew Cockburn’s article in Counterpunch.
- “War With Iran Might Be Closer Than You Think”, 13 May 2008 — About Philip Giraldi’s 9 May story in The American Conservative (see below).
- The most expensive psy-war campaign – ever!, 13 July 2008
- ISIS: “Can Military Strikes Destroy Iran’s Gas Centrifuge Program? Probably Not.”, 8 August 2008
- More rumors of war: our naval armada has sailed to Iran!, 9 August 2008
- Update on the rumored armada sailing to Iran, 13 August 2008
- Stop the presses: no naval armada has sailed to blockade Iran!, 20 August 2008
- Proposed legislation prepares the way for war with Iran!, 25 August 2008
- Will trade sanctions work against Iran, as they did against Japan in 1941?, 27 August 2008
- Is the War on Terror over (because there are no longer two sides)? Part 1, 3 September 2008 — Rumors of covert ops by us against Iran.
- Update on the prospects of war with Iran, from Stratfor, 6 September 2008
- Psywar, a core skill of the US Military (used most often on us), 26 November 2008
- Iran’s getting the bomb, or so we’re told. Can they fool us twice?, 16 February 2009
- Another general advocating war with Iran, 18 August 2009
- Stratfor: “Two Leaks and the Deepening Iran Crisis”, 7 October 2009
- Follow-up on America’s latest wetting our pants episode: Iran’s secret atomic facility, 13 November 2009
- Iran will have the bomb in 5 years (again), 21 January 2010
- Will Obama attack Iran?, 18 March 2010
To see all posts on this topic: Iran – will the US or Israel attack Iran? – includes background information, and posts about the possibility of strikes by the US or Israel at Iran
Afterword and contact info
- For more about this website, see the About the FM website page.
- You can subscribe to receive posts by email; see the box on the upper right.
- Contact us (WordPress keeps your contact information confidential):