Summary: It’s “ask a question” time. In the comments “ask the mineshaft”: post questions about geopolitics — and your answers to other people’s questions. This is a community exercise, from the German Gemeinschaft (see Wikipedia).
Questions are especially welcome about current events and recent posts (which appear on the top of the right-side menu bar). Please use the “reply” button to post replies!
- How will the United States cope with the reality of returning to a pre-industrial lifestyle?
- Is it possible for the impoverished in the US to come together for some anti-poverty grassroots movement, as called forth by Tavis Smiley and Cornel West, and if so, would that be a good thing?
- What are your thoughts on the health care decision, and “Obama Care” in general?
- What do you think are the significant policy differences (if any) between Obama and Romney?
- Do you think it is ‘fair’ to compare individual European countries to the United States?
- What do you think of the recent attempt to create a new “Centrist” movement “Americans Elect”, funded almost entirely by Wall Street hedge fund managers?
- Who the hell is Fabius Maximus anyway (and not talking about the dead Roman)?
- Discussion of question #7.
- A complaint (no specifics) about the coverage of Science & Technology on the FM website.
- More about #9.
- If Paul Kennedy is correct about “imperial overstretch”, how can we reverse this if most Americans are disengaged from politics and governance or malinformed?
- What is money? What is debt? What is credit?
- Comment about the Overlords and the Gnome Underpants Thievery.
- Comment explaining that “there is only one objectively best solution to any problem”.
- Request for more information about the history of major technology corporate failures.
- Request for more information about political & personal nature of business decision-making.
- What do you think of Thomas Friedman?
- Answer to #17.
- What are your thoughts on The Economist’s recent special on Climate Change: The Melting North?
- When should we “buy American”?
- What is the best way for an individual to future-proof their career for the acceleration of automation?
- Do you think Julian Assange should be extradited to the US? Is it true that “Nothing of value was leaked out during the Wikileaks fiasco.”
- If demographics are destiny, then what do you think these trends hold for America?