Summary: Many odd stories mark the evolution of America-that-once-was into the New America. Dark and mysterious stories, often about the uses of government power for private ends. Today we look at the death of Sunny Sheu, and the cover-up of the death of this anti-corruption whistleblower by numerous agencies and the mainstream media.
Will Galison &Milton Allimadi at Truth-out
23 August 2012 — Excerpt
Protection by law enforcement and a criminal justice system is the most fundamental contract between a people and their government. Without security, all other rights and liberties are moot, so we employ our government to protect us from being robbed, injured or killed by anyone with the inclination to harm us.
- … What would the public’s reaction be if the police department in question was the largest and most powerful in the nation, the New York Police Department (NYPD)?
- What if the murder was not an impulsive act by an unstable misfit, but apparently a premeditated assassination?
- What if the police not only failed to investigate, but were directly implicated in the crime and proven to have covered it up in collusion with the FBI, the New York State judiciary, and others?
- What if the victim had made a video weeks before his death, exposing the corruption he had uncovered, predicting his death and naming the people he believed would kill him?
- What if the medical examiner (ME) officially ruled the cause of death “blunt force trauma to the head with skull fractures and brain injuries” and the NYPD continued to maintain that the victim died of “natural causes” with “no head trauma“?
- In other words, what if the entire structure of governmental institutions, which exist to ensure our security, colluded to protect the killer through negligence and outright criminality?
That is precisely what appears to have happened in the case of Sun Ming “Sunny” Sheu, an anti-corruption whistleblower who was bludgeoned to death on July 26, 2010. The details of this case and the reasons you have never heard of it will be the subject of this article.
The Sheu story exposes criminal complicity and betrayal by all of the institutions we depend on for our security: local and federal law enforcement; the courts; politicians; health care providers; and, most chilling of all, our refuge of last resort, the media. …
(2) Sunny Sheu’s Video Predicting His Murder
He recorded this video on 9 April 2011. He died on 26 July 2011. See the transcript here.
(3) Other articles about this story
(a) A series at Black Star News (New York’s leading investigative newspaper); “Was Sunny Sheu, Foe Of Judicial Corruption, Murdered?”
- “Activist Dead Weeks After Posting Video About His Fears“, Milton Allimadi with Will Galison, 20 June 2011
- “Sunny Sheu’s Death — ongoing Coverup?“, Will Galison, 9 July 2011
(b) “Sunny Sheu: Murdered for Investigating NY Foreclosure Judge Joseph Golia?“, Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism, 23 June 2011
(c) “Business Insider Solicits, Then Refuses to Publish, Story on Suspicious Foreclosure-Related Death of Sunny Sheu“, Yves Smith, Naked Capitalism, 7 September 2012
This blog is a repository of documentation regarding the death of Mortgage Fraud victim and anti-corruption activist Sun Ming (Sunny) Sheu, and the ensuing cover up by law enforcement including the FBI, NYPD and Queens DA. There are many pages on this site that are not visible on the opening page. Please use the “SEARCH” function to locate articles of interest regarding this case.
(4) For More Information
- The Feds decide who to lock up for life (not just at Guantanamo), another nail in the Constitution’s coffin, 2 June 2010
- The Collapse of American Criminal Justice System — Excerpts from The Collapse of American Criminal Justice by William J. Stuntz
- More about the collapse of the American Criminal Justice System – Studies and reports about our shameful system.
- Final thoughts about the American Criminal Justice System, 21 September 2011