Summary: Please share your experience with the FM website. What post(s) have you found most interesting, useful, or memorable. Also, here are the most popular posts — this list tells us something about America.
Here are the all-time biggest hits on the FM website since we started in November 2007 (success is a relative thing, these have fewer hits than posts about Katy Perry’s lunch). Most of these are 2 – 4 years old. Many of these remain news even today, more evidence of our current failure to learn.
I don’t see on this list the most insightful or prophetic posts. Not a surprise. Popular posts tend to look at our history, explain today’s news, and look five minutes into the future. Those that explain the big trends and what’s coming down the pike are usually too strange for mass appeal. Too different, too disturbing. We pretend that we live in Kansas. We do not welcome the news that we have landed in Oz.
“Look, a flying monkey!”
“No, that’s just a squirrel.”
|Iran will have the bomb in 5 years (again), January 2010||30,214|
|Obama makes his first major policy error, February 2009||22,613|
|“Some people just want to see the world burn”, January 2009||19,659|
|A major leak of government secrets – read all about it!, February 2009||12,183|
|More about pirates: why we no longer “hang them high”, January 2009…||11,382|
|Will China become a superpower?, September 2011…||10,876|
|Women dominate the ranks of college grads. What’s the effect on America?, July 2009||25,265|
|Peak Oil Doomsters debunked, end of civilization called off, May 2008||21,608|
|The little-known dark side of Ender’s Game, September 2010||11,777|
|Justice still lives. It’s found a new home – in Europe., December 2012||10,938|
|Japan can again become the land of the rising sun. We should watch & learn from them., November 2011||10,360|
|The media doing what it does best, feeding us disinformation, Feb 2009||10,268|
|A tipping point for America as Washington becomes its heart & soul, Jan 2009||10,008|
|A solution to our financial crisis, September 2008||22,944|
|The Titanic’s lessons for us about the coming economic crisis, June 2012||20,181|
|What will America look like after this recession?, March 2008||14,527|
|Everything written about the economic crisis overlooks its true nature, February 2009||13,361|
|A picture of the post-WWII debt supercycle, September 2008||10,628|
|Update: why has the worst recession since the 1930′s had so little impact on the economy?, October 2010…||10,530|
|Why has the worst recession since the 1930′s had such a mild effect on America?, July 2009||10,369|
|Mother Jones sounds the alarm about global warming! This time about the north pole., December 2012…||26,866|
|An article giving strong evidence of global warming, June 2008||20,095|
|Good news about global warming!, October 2008||11,087|
For More Information
See the posts listed on the FM Reference page:
Some of the key posts (note none of these are among the most-read):
- Forecast: Death of the American Constitution, 4 July 2006
- We have been warned. Death of the post-WWII geopolitical regime, Chapter II, 28 November 2007 — A long list of the warnings we have ignored, from individual experts and major financial institutions.
- Death of the post-WWII geopolitical regime, III – death by debt, 8 January 2008 – Origins of the long economic expansion from 1982 to 2006; why the down cycle will be so severe.
- Our metastable Empire, built on a foundation of clay, 3 March 2008 — More thoughts on the “dreamland” described by Wolfgang Schivelbusch in The Culture of Defeat, and what it tells us about the foundation of the American empire.
- A look at our future, when our $promises$ to ourselves come due, 25 March 2010
- A look at the future of the world’s political and economic order, 4 June 2010
- Is there any way out from the burden of government debt?, 10 June 2010
- Is the American Republic dying, as in the last days of the Roman Republic?, 20 July 2010
- The coming big increase in structural unemployment, 7 August 2010
- The story of the early 21st century: the future arrives, forcing us to build a new world order, 6 December 2010
- It’s the end of the world we’ve known since WWII (updated status report), 29 June 2012