Summary: In his column today Paul Krugman makes an important observation, although he’s oddly unaware of its full significance.
Paul Krugman explains “Why I Haven’t Felt The Bern” — He complains about Team Sanders.
“In each case the story runs into big trouble if you do a bit of homework; if not completely wrong, it needs a lot of qualification. But the all-purpose response to anyone who raises questions is that she or he is a member of the establishment, personally corrupt, etc.. Ad hominem attacks aren’t a final line of defense, they’re argument #1.
“…It’s about an attitude, the sense that righteousness excuses you from the need for hard thinking and that any questioning of the righteous is treason …When you see Sanders supporters going over the top about “corporate whores” and such, you’re not seeing a mysterious intrusion of bad behavior into an idealistic movement; you’re seeing the intolerance that was always just under the surface of the movement, right from the start.”
He complains about unfair tactics of the Left, the same tactics that the Left’s climate activists have used to all who challenge their apocalyptic news stories — which go far beyond anything in the IPCC’s reports. He describes them quite accurately, showing (again) that although he is a brilliant economist, he is lacks self-awareness.
For More Information
- Mother Jones sounds the alarm about global warming! This time about the North Pole.
- Alaska’s climate scientists tell us the rest of the news, what Obama forgot to mention.
- 90% of the biggest Yosemite glacier has melted. Did we do it?
- Are we “choking the ocean with plastic”? — Spoiler: no.
- The New Yorker’s “The Siege of Miami” reveals a serious problem.
- What we learned from the freak storm that “melted the North Pole” on December 30.
- Science debunks the eco-fable of Easter Island.
- Rising seas alert! Watch how science becomes a sensational news story.