Summary: The breakout year for cybersecurity continues, with a massive global attack — more than 45,000 attacks in 99 countries by software linked to (built by?) the NSA (source). In this from the archives cybersecurity expert Marcus Ranum explains defense in this new world. Offense gets all the attention, but smart organisations win by defense. See today’s second post: Skip the hysteria. What you need to know about the big ransomware attack.
Article deleted at author’s request.
(6) The Parsing Cyberwar series
- The Battlefield
- The Logistical Train
- Synergies and Interference
- Patch #1 – Lessons from the Gauss malware
- The Best Defense is a Good Defense
(7) For More Information
About this event: Skip the hysteria. What you need to know about the big ransomware attack.
If you liked this post, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. See all posts about Cyber-espionage and Cyber-war, and especially these…
- How do we identify our attackers in cyberspace? — By Marcus Ranum.
- The Best Defense Is a Strong Defense. Never Fight a Land War in Cyberspace — By Marcus Ranum.
- Unraveling the Complexities of Cyber Terrorism, by Edwin Covert.
- Complacency in Cyberspace May Be Our Biggest Vulnerability, by Emilio Iasiello.
- Is the best defense a strong offense in cybersecurity? — By Emilio Iasiello.
- Stratfor: it’s the breakout year for cybercrime! How do we fight it?
1 thought on “After the largest cyberattack ever, here’s how to defend against the next & bigger ones”
These two articles by Mr Ranum serve as fine introduction for ordinary users like myself. Thanks for the time and effort. Now, onward to the referenced links.