Some posts you might find of interest.
- “How Complex Systems Fail“, Richard I. Cook (MD, Cognitive technologies Laboratory, U Chicago), 21 April 2000 — “A Short Treatise on the Nature of Failure; How Failure is Evaluated; How Failure is Attributed to Proximate Cause; and the Resulting New Understanding of Patient Safety (hat tip to Michael Krigsman at ZD Net)
- “Such a Waste of Fine Infantry“, Jeff Huber, AntiWar.com, 5 November 2009 — A look at the Af-Pak War.
- “The Future of Nuclear Power“, MIT Study, updated 2009
- “Reviews Raise Doubt on Training of Afghan Forces“, New York Times, 6 November 2009
For something different, two articles about our animal friends:
- “Killer dolphins baffle marine experts“, Daily Telegraph, 25 January 2008
- “Do Wolves Kill for Sport?“, Brian Palmer, Slate, 5 November 2009 — “No, but sometimes they hunt down more than they can eat.”
For more information from the FM site
To read other articles about these things, see the following:
- Financial crisis – what’s happening? how will this end?
- Iraq & Sub-continent Wars – my articles
- Peak oil and energy – studies and reports
Reference pages about other topics appear on the right side menu bar, including About the FM website page.
Please share your comments by posting below. Per the FM site’s Comment Policy, please make them brief (250 word max), civil and relevant to this post. Or email me at fabmaximus at hotmail dot com (note the spam-protected spelling).