Summary: History shows with grim clarity the values of the extreme Left, in which human life means nothing. The Guardian newspaper gives a glowing review to the latest example — a snuf film disarmingly packaged as humor. See it while you can. It might prove embarrassing to its creators and get put down the memory hole.
“There will be blood“, The Guardian, 30 September 2010:
Watch exclusive of 10:10 campaign’s ‘No Pressure’ film. Here’s a highly explosive short film, written by Richard Curtis, from our friends at the 10:10 climate change campaign. It’s most definitely striking and if you haven’t watched it yet – taking into account the warning that it contains scenes some people may find disturbing – do so now, before I give too much away. … The film is released tomorrow.
Update: Nope, it wasn’t released. The merry folks at 10:10 have already taken it down (the original was here) and posted a poor excuse for an apology. This copy resides at YouTube.
The promo describes this big-budget propaganda film:
Whippersnapping climate campaign 10:10 teams up with legendary comic screenwriter Richard Curtis – you know, Blackadder, Four Weddings, Notting Hill, co-founded Comic Relief – and Age of Stupid director Franny Armstrong to proudly present their explosive new mini-movie “No Pressure”. The film stars X-Files’ Gillian Anderson, together with Spurs players past and present – including Peter Crouch, Ledley King and David Ginola – with music donated by Radiohead. Shot on 35mm by a 40-strong professional film crew led by director Dougal Wilson, “No Pressure” celebrates everybody who is actively tackling climate change — by blowing up those are aren’t.
This belief in curative value of spilling blood is a commonplace in history (especially in the last century), a bleak backdrop to this film. Many on the Left would go berserk at something similar if produced by the Tea Party or evangelicals. And rightly so. The “just kidding” defense doesn’t work when the writers so obviously wish their fantasy were true.
This genre of morality plays has deep roots in western culture. Such as the Medieval plays and pageants, with evil-doers thrown into the Hellmouth at the climax — their eternity of torture left to the audience’s imagination.
For more information
- To learn about 10:10 see their website
- See all 16 of their videos (10:10 appears to be lavishly funded)
- See a copy of the “At what point do we jail or execute global warming deniers” article posted at TPM (the original got dropped in the memory hole), 2 June 2009
- Telling scary lies to children: “Bedtime Stories” TV advertisement, ACT ON CO2, October 2009
- “Global Warming Alarmist Calls For Eco-Gulags To Re-Educate Climate Deniers“, PrisonPlanet, 20 September 2010 — The contents of this have not been checked for accuracy!
- Prime Minister Cameron’s government signs on to the 10:10 commitment as part, blog of the Guardian, 14 May 2010
Other posts about climate change propaganda
- More attempts to control the climate science debate using smears and swarming, 19 October 2009
- The facts about the 1970′s Global Cooling scare, 7 December 2009
- About Wikipedia’s handling of controversial topics…like climate science, 20 December 2009
- The floodgates slowly open and the foreign news media debunk climate change propaganda, 24 January 2010
- Quote of the day – hidden history for people who rely on the mainstream media for information, 12 February 2010
- A real-time example of the birth and spread of climate propaganda, 9 March 2010
- Lies told under the influence of the Green religion to save the world, 30 July 2010
- We see the world in terms of facts (mostly numbers). Our world changes rapidly, including the past’s numbers, 2 August 2010
Categories: Information & News