Summary: Allegedly, US Drone control computers are infected with a persistent piece of malware (a virus) that is logging pilots keystrokes as they fly their missions. So far the Air Force appears to be playing it as “no big deal” but we can imagine some of the consequences of it not being so benign.
“We keep wiping it off, and it keeps coming back”
– Anonymous government source, according to WIRED Magazine
Article deleted at author’s request.
(6) For More Information
Other posts about UAVs on the FM website
- “Filling the skies with Assassins” by Tom Engelhardt, 12 April 2009
- America’s dominance of the sky slowly erodes – inevitable or avoidable?, 22 September 2009
- The march of technology brings “The Forty-Year Drone War”, 26 January 2010
- James Bond is not just our hero, but the model for our geopolitical strategy, on the FM website, 18 May 2010
- America plays the Apollo Option: killing from the sky, Chet Richards (Colonel, USAF, retired), 26 August 2010
- Killing Machines: Promises and Limits, 17 February 2011
- The Psychology of Killer Drones – action against our foes; reaction affecting us, 28 September 2011
- Cyberwar: a Whole New Quagmire – When the Drones Come To Roost, 8 October 2011