As the blood flows across America, we grapple with the many questions about guns. Do they make us safer? What powers do governments have to regulate guns? What can we learn from the experiences of other nations. These posts provide some answers.
- Gun violence in America
- History of gun regulation in America
- Guns in other nations
(1) Gun violence in America
- Another mass killing in America. Watch the reactions on the Right.
- Guns do not make us safer. Why is this not obvious?
- Myth-busting about gun use in the Wild West.
- Do guns make us more safe, or less? Let’s look at the research.
- What are the odds of violence from the Right in America?
- Our love for gun play grows as our trust in ourself wanes. Logical, mad, sad.
- Why do we believe an armed society is a polite society?
- The number of children killed by guns in America makes us exceptional, not better.
(2) History of gun regulation in America
- The Founders talk to us about guns for a well-regulated militia.
- “The right to shoot tyrants, not deer”.
- Let’s look at the Second Amendment, cutting through the myths and spin.
- Second amendment scholarship (using money to reshape America).
- Guns in the wild west: regulated, with no fears about ripping the Constitution.